Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hi, again.

Hi, friends. I'm really sorry it has been such a long time since I've posted anything. A lot has gone on in the past couple of weeks! I got home from the hospital, as you know, almost two weeks ago. Two days later, I got a fever and was readmitted to the hospital. There's a very long story to go along with that, but long story short, the doctors couldn't find anything wrong with me and I went home a few days later. The reason I haven't posted anything, though, is that the whole incident - getting a fever, being readmitted, waiting around for a diagnosis and hearing many different stories and answers - was very frustrating. I felt like having to go back into the hospital was a setback, yet another problem, a delay in my recovery. I was so angry and upset that I didn't feel like writing anything on here or talking to anyone. I just wanted to get through it and get on with my recovery.

After talking to my mom and the doctors and nurses, I realize now that little bumps in the road like what I experienced last week are just that - bumps on the road to recovery, and they're to be expected. I'll get over them, and they do not change the direction of my progress. Bumps or no bumps, I'm still going forward toward a cure and a long, healthy life.

I realized also that I had unrealistic expectations of myself and my body. I thought I'd just sail smoothly through the recovery process, without a hitch. I'm happier and less anxious now that I understand and expect that there will be little bumps. And if caught early (they will be - I go for check-ups twice a week), they'll remain little bumps, and we'll take care of them, and move on, move forward.

This week has gone well, and I'm hoping for another good week next week. I think I'm beginning to learn the art of taking life day by day. I'm working on it, anyway. Maybe I should say, I'm hoping for a good day today.

I'll try to be better about keeping you posted on here! Thank you all so much for your continued concern, support, and friendship. Happy Valentine's Day. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment