Monday, September 28, 2009

Well, hello internet.

I've always wondered what it would feel like to write a blog. ::Thinking:: I think it feels like writing a diary entry that won't really be private, because it's open to pretty much the entire world...unless there are some privacy settings I haven't discovered on here. I can write my most private thoughts and feelings, and they'll be completely public and totally private, clothed in anonymity, all at once. In any case, I'm assuming anyone can stumble onto this. So, hello, anyone.

I'm starting this because, well, I don't have a better idea. I was talking to a friend earlier tonight and, when I said I needed a hobby, he suggested blogging. I don't really know why I took his advice, because I don't think I have anything groundbreaking to say. But, then again, I think of Julie (from Julie and Julia), and was her little adventure really that groundbreaking? I don't think so...but look at her now - a movie star. Well, sort of, anyway...

So, here goes nothing. My first blog.

You might be wondering what the title of this blog refers to. Well, long story short, I'm working on kicking cancer for the 3rd time. And I'm not even 30. Sure, you might be thinking, "Poor thing!," but I don't want your pity. Or maybe you're thinking "Boo hoo. I've been there, done that." But the truth is, I don't care all that much what you're thinking. I'm doing this for me. Finally, I'm doing something for me. Now, more than ever, I feel like I have to take control of what I can affect in my life, because so much of life is out of our control. I didn't ask for cancer, and I didn't do anything to cause it. However, I can do things to make myself happy and healthy aside from it; enter, "Life in Between."

This blog is the beginning of my effort to grip the handle bars and steer this life in the direction I choose, despite the obstacles ahead, with the strength and wisdom I've gained from the obstacles I've overcome already.

No comments:

Post a Comment