Thank you, thank you!
Ahem, erm...moving on...
After Christina and I had dinner and she left for the evening, I watched the season premiere of American Idol. The terrible singers on that show never cease to amuse me. It's definitely not quality television, but hey, it's entertaining! I slept through the night without any interruptions, which was really nice. I do miss my lovely bed at home, and my sweet kitty Cali (see below), who has apparently been sleeping on my bed in my absence. But in the hospital, a full night's sleep is not to be taken for granted!

What a face, right!? Love her. So anyway, after a good sleep, a nurse woke me up to deliver breakfast. And by breakfast, I mean this:

I know what you're thinking. "Yum! Why can't someone deliver a breakfast like that to me every morning?" What's that? You don't want to swallow pills the size of bricks? Fair enough. Those pills are all for prevention of possible infections. There's bactrim in there, to prevent pneumonia, fluconazole to prevent fungal infections in the lungs, acyclovir to prevent herpes (ew...), and a couple others I don't remember off hand. I gulped all of those down and have just been hanging out since then. I don't have much going on today, other than starting chemotherapy (cytoxan and fludarabine, with some mesna to protect my bladder from damage from the cytoxan). I'm a little tired, and am starting to feel the "chemo brain" coming on, but other than that I'm alright. I plan to have a quiet evening, with the exception of the screeching coming from the mouths of the (in)eligible American Idol contestants.
Oh, also, someone said something really nice to me today. The social worker, whose name happens to be the same as mine, said with a smile, "You're really going to bring some life to this place." I was touched, and I hope she's right.
Hey Heather,
ReplyDeleteGirl I so feel you on the medicine i am still on so many pills but I wish you all the best during your transplant time. I wish you didnt live so far away, so I could visit! But I promise I will one day :) Love ya!
-Caradine-