Tuesday, February 2, 2010

News flash!

It's official, folks. I'm home! I am currently sitting in my own cozy house, in my own comfy bed, ready to settle down for a full night's sleep without any interruptions. Hooray!

I'm sorry I haven't posted anything for a few days - I was feeling lazy. Everything has been going well, though. My neutrophil count is now over 3000, and my other blood cells are coming in nicely, too. Know what that means? My new stem cells are taking hold! They're making platelets and red blood cells all on their own. I'm still going to need some help in the form of some transfusions for the next several weeks, but hey, it's a start!

Speaking of starts, here's another one! My hair is starting to come back! I was so surprised when I looked in the mirror yesterday to find little brown hairs sprouting out of my head. The last time I had a transplant, it took almost 3 months for my hair to even start to come in! Right now it's just fuzz, but like I said earlier, it's a start.

I'm sensing a theme here. I'm experiencing lots of new beginnings, all at once. It's exciting, but overwhelming ... happy, but scary, too. But oh, it is nice to be home.

I'm going back to the clinic tomorrow and Thursday for check-ups and blood work, but then I have the whole weekend off. I'm actually kind of excited about the Superbowl, even though I don't care about either of the teams. Anyone doing anything fun on game day?

Love to all.

2 comments: